Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pattern Play


I spotted this New Look Inspire midi skirt at the ASOS site a little while ago. I don't have many midis, and I don't have a lot of tribal patterns in my wardrobe either. Now, when it is on such a good sale, you just can't go wrong with it, can you? So I thought, and I decided to give it a try. 


Pattern Play #1


For my first outfit, I played with stripes on stripes effect to which I added some polka dots. I also added a white narrow belt to give this outfit a modern look. (If you'd like a tip on getting belts of all sorts of colors, widths and looks, check out Target -- they carry a bunch!) 


You might notice that my hair got shorter. Yes, it was time to visit Erica, my amazing hair stylist who takes care of my haircuts for a few years now (5 or 6 I think). About 3 years ago I decided to get a pixi cut, and I just love it. Erica, if you read this, thank you again! I am sooo happy to have you in my life! :)


Red lipstick, burgundy nail polish and purse gave this otherwise black and white outfit a splash of color, while pearls and mother-of-pearl jewelry pieces (even though considered summery accessories by many) added to a playful and fresh polka dots effect. I can see this being a daytime/office kind of outfit, and you? But if you need a quick upgrade to a romantic date/night out... 



Pattern Play #2


... then perhaps you can simply change the stripy top to a feminine polka dot jersey blazer and just wear a bunch of fun necklaces to add to a geometric play of the outfit!




It looks like Mother Nature supported my pattern / shapes play that lovely autumn day in park! :)
And what about yourselves? Do you like playing with patterns and shapes? 


Location: Federal Way

Skirt - ASOS. Top - Max Studio (old collection). Blazer and scarf - Lane Bryant. Booties - Sofft. Purse - Lane Bryant (old collection). Jewelry - boutique finds, gifts.  

2 comments:

  1. It was such fun creating this shoot! While Natasha and I both wished for more sunlight, the color in the trees provided a great contrast to the black and white, while the chaos of the leaf shapes was a nice balance to the patterns of the outfit. Splashes of color against patterns of black and white. I love it when things work out like this. Excellent! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Justin! It's always very interesting to me to hear what you say. As a creator of these photo shoots, and as a very creative person, and just as you. :)

      Delete