Friday, February 7, 2014

And the Winner Is...


Purple and green together is one of my very favorite color combinations - it reminds me of pretty flowers and spring time. I added my newly found statement necklace to this sweater and skirt outfit, and the winner was...



Yes, the necklace! It got all the attention and about a bazillion of compliments today (well, maybe three to be true). And even though I love layers and layers of jewelry, and one piece is almost never enough for me, I knew that this necklace works solo - she is the queen. 

The color of the sweater is actually close to magenta (the portrait shots are the truest to the real hue), although it all depends on the tricks which light plays with our eyes.


The nail polish is mauve here, and even though they warn us to not mix muted and intense colors in one design, what the heck! Mauve works as neutral in my book, especially with magenta - they are from the same color family, aren't they? (I am not that theoretical about my colors usually, but I recently started "feeling" colors and hues on a new level, and to be honest I had no idea what I would wear when I was painting my nails - I just went with my guts, and that was it.)

Surprisingly enough, the orange coat works well with all these bright colors I wear nowadays.


Sweater and skirt - Lane Bryant. Tights - Hue. Shoes - Dansko. Coat - Lands' End. Necklace - Talbots.

6 comments:

  1. You are La Reina of color-blocking!! How awesome is this look. I truly love that coat, it's the perfect compliment for this look and the rust color is amazing which by the way, is a hot trend for 2014.
    xo,
    Carelia
    MySmallWardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carelia, you are so kind! Thank you! :) It's especially surprising to hear because I didn't even know what color blocking was! I just decided to bring more vibrant colors to my life, and I observed many many style bloggers over a few months. I guess at some point it became "me", so I am double happy to hear such a nice recognition from you. :)

      Delete
  2. You have such a flair for color , I love these color combined so much; it is spring looking without being too sweet.
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/2014/02/stacked-bracelets-dainty-wrist-dead/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So wonderful to hear it, Elle! Thank you very much for your kind comment! :) I guess you are right - it is very springy, and energetic (not "too sweet"). I answered to Carelia (above) that it is especially nice to hear such generous comments from you, who I consider very talented in the field of style, because just a few months ago I wouldn't be able to do something like this. I think it is a very recent development and change in me - and I am happy that it touches others too. :)

      Delete
  3. Yelp! A girl after my heart...I love how you've combined colour here Natalia! You look fabulous, and I love your pixie hair too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sue! I really appreciate your words! :) I love my pixi cut - it's so easy to take care of too! ;)

      Delete