Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Hello Again!


You knew this day would come, didn't you?
I am so happy to be here again and greet you all, dear friends and readers!
I received so, so many warm, wonderful words from you - please know that I was very touched by your kindness and the interest you expressed in my blog. I must say that it was overwhelming, in the most positive way. Thank you!!
I don't know what happened. For the first few weeks of non-blogging, I felt happy and content with my life. I got really busy with other projects, worked on publishing my books, and of course spent lots of time with my family. Justin and I had our little trips, and since taking photos and writing about our discoveries was a huge part of our life for many years, regardless of blogging, we have never stopped doing it. But I missed sharing little style and shopping stories with you, and lately, literally in the last few days, I started really missing my blog. Maybe I just needed a nice long break to feel refreshed? All I know is this (and Justin really helped me to come to this conclusion). Life is too short to regret our decisions. Ultimately, nothing in life is completely irreversible, we can change our mind about pretty much anything, and if something that helps us feel better is missing from our life, then it's OK to re-decide. I don't know (and I can't know, can I?) where it's all going, but for now, writing my blog makes me feel happy. I am all for feeling happy. I know that you are too. So hello again! :)


We had a wonderful family Thanksgiving, the way I love it, and I took my beloved ones to make family pictures which is becoming our tradition on this day of the year. For these special photographs, I wore a new dress from eShakti. I again picked the option to customize the style, and I am so happy I did! The original style of this dress was sleeveless and short, and it looked beautiful that way too, but I wanted to add length and sleeves for a more autumnal feel.


This cotton dress has a gorgeous red lining, and all in all a very uplifting festive spirit. And it twirls! I think it'll be great for the holiday season, though when I was purchasing it, I thought it was a straightforward Autumn dress. I might even wear it to a Christmas/New Year party, if we decide to go this year.





Anna is into neutral colors these days. We bought this cozy (for our mild winters) coat at Nordstrom Rack after trying on a few different ones. I'm happy she loves wearing it - November was unusually cold (it's mild here again now), and I just couldn't get Anna to wear her red plaid coat, which she adored last year. Everything changes - we change, and our tastes and preferences do as well. Justin is as colorful as ever though, in his beloved Cabela's finds and a hand-knitted scarf which was a gift from a friend years ago. He went for long hair for a while, but recently cut it again and receives so many compliments on his new haircut (I must take pictures of him!).





I have so many outfits and stories to share with you, but let's take it one step at a time, shall we? I've missed you! :)

Dress - eShakti
Faux fur coat - Lane Bryant (available online - look up their sale section)
Earrings - Chico's (last year)
Tights - Spanx via Lane Bryant
Boots - Ecco via Nordstrom Rack (last year)

* * *

21 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I was missing you just the other day. This dress is beautiful. Again, you and I have such similar taste in colour palettes. I love this dress on you. Once the wedding is paid off, I am so trying out eShakti... or maybe they'll give me a dress since I'm a blogger? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to have you back! Bonus treat that you have shared pictures of you with your wonderful family. The dress is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First ♥️
    Oh Natalia you are back and I feel happy. To see you again is a wonderfull gift. You look sooo amazing, this dress and everything is amazing... You and your fabulous family.
    Many kisses Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your lovely spirit were missed. I'm so glad Justin helped you re-decide. I was so surprised when you stopped because you seem so happy sharing your world with us. Well, nonetheless, you're back with us again and looking ever so vivacious. Eshakti has great dresses. This one is lively.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wahooooo!
    you are back and how!!! you look like my dream of a festive ensemble!!! dress, earrings, stockings and shoes - and this cute coat!!! wonderful!!!! (and that more of fabric on the dress makes it really elegant!)
    love to see anya and justin - your gorgeous and beautiful little family!!
    tons of hugses!!!! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo glad you are listening to yourself. We can only take it one step at a time. I too have decided and redecided!
    I think we are the winners here.
    I adore your elegant dress with the luscious coat! Definitely festive wear.
    Welcome back my friend. Xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, Natalia! You just needed a break, it happens... I always thought you'd be back eventually. We all need to take some time off every now and then, and do something else. Or just rest. Otherwise we'll burn out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not ashamed to admit that I actually squealed with delight when I saw on feedly that there was a number next to you blog - OMG, I thought, she can't be back, can she? And YES! T'is true! Welcome, welcome back. So glad to hear that you are refreshed. Sometimes a break gives us the necessary breathing space and then everything becomes clear again.
    Now on to that fabulous dress - ooooh that red lining and those gorgeous earrings! Perfect.. You've come back in style!

    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to have you back, Natalia. Your happy outlook on life is always welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love a dress with sleeves!! Glad you are feeling refreshed as I love seeing your outfits!! jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely to see you again, Natalia, and looking so beautiful. We're all still here - drop by soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It made my day to see you back in my inbox this morning, so glad you have decided to re-join the blogging world again, you have been missed. You certainly returned in style, in the perfect dress for the holiday season ahead. Good to see both you and your family again. Best wishes, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. Natalia,
    I am SO happy you are back! You were sorely missed! I love your plaid dress, it is perfect. I am so glad to see Anna looking so grown up and sophisticated in this neutral color palette. Sometimes we just need a break, and you have been so busy with great things!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely and nice dressed family...
    I'm glad, that you are back :-)
    Have a great Chistmas time

    A break can always be a good ting for a while -

    ReplyDelete
  15. wouuu, so fabulous to see you again, and looking so fabulous in your plaid dress, so joyful outfit!!, gorgeous!!
    I'm loving everything!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back! And what a fabulous, fabulous dress for your return. Also I'm a big Chico's fan. Those earrings are fabulous with the frock.

    ReplyDelete
  17. what an amazing dress! You look gorgeous wearing it...and you have such a lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so happy to see you back Natalia!! I have always enjoyed reading your posts and your amazing style!! Sometimes it can get a bit overwhelming with everything that goes on in life. I have cut back to posting 2x a week to help manage balancing my life. My work has taken a bit of priority lately and I can't complain so I do love my job.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Would love for you to stop by & join TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's what I'm talking about Natalia, yipee you are back. Hugs!!! So glad you decided to come back to blogging. Love your dress. You look fresh. I love your hair!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome back!! So wonderful to see you - even though I'm behind on my commenting. Great to read your writing again and see you looking fabulous. That's a wonderful dress and I especially love the flirty red lining. Stepping away is a good idea but coming back is pretty great too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You came back while I was away! I need breaks all the time-it's okay to take a break. I never know when it's coming or how long it will be. I missed you and am so happy you are back. Your blog is so warm and full of love and life and I was sad to not have you as part of my life. Yes, it's all about me.
    You look so lovely in your autumnal colours. The have a warm depth just like you do. I am like Anna and all I want lately are neutrals, though for me certain blues are also neutrals. They are my black. Anna suits black but it's a bit too strong for me. I'd better not use up all my commenting energy on this first one! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete