Thursday, June 1, 2017

Modish Matrons #12: Wonderland


Welcome to wONdeRLAnD, the craziest party of ours to date!
The June theme was offered by Tina, and it was a little intimidating to me at first, but at the same time intriguing. I decided I'd start re-reading Alice in Wonderland to get in the mood and find an inspiration...and just after a few first chapters I suddenly remembered about the fantastic mural that we saw when attending our daughter's high school meeting in Tacoma several months ago. Boom! I felt like I hit the jackpot! 


Please visit my wONdERfuL friends TINA and BEATE for their interpretation of this theme! They always have creative and feminine outfits, as well as heartfelt and humorous stories in store for us, and I just adore them! Thank you for being such fabulous blogging friends and inspiring link-up partners, dear girls!


I will leave you in this truly amazing wOnDErLAnd that was created by some artists on a big gray wall on one parking lot in downtown Tacoma (for local guys, the address is 1116 Market Street, near Urban Grace Church). Just a few words about my dress. You could have previously seen it about a year ago, in my post HERE. (If you haven't, then go see it now - it's a milestone for me.) But this time, I styled my dress differently, using the self-tie belt as a bow! I think it set a whole different tone to my outfit. To me, this dress choice symbolizes the original black and white illustrations to Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by John Tenniel, as well as Lewis Carroll's book itself. But it was such great fun to get lost in the movie inspired illustrations, sort of marrying two interpretations of the characters. I don't even remember when I had SO MUCH FUN on my photo shoot! It's like the spirit of Alice visited me in the parking lot that day. Enjoy! And please join us in this most unusual adventure - the link-up will stay open for the whole month of June!




  





Photos by Justin
Mural at 1116 Market St., Tacoma, WA

Dress - eShakti (old)
Hat and sunglasses - Lane Bryant (old)
Canvas Oxfords - Toms (old, via Nordstrom Rack)
Wicker purse - old, via TJ MAXX
Clip-on earrings - vintage

Linking with Judith's Hat Attack

* * *


24 comments:

  1. waaaahhhh!!!! natasha!! this is soooo sweeeeet!!!
    you´r the cutest alice ever! so playful with all the sprayed on charakters! looooveeeee!!!!!! <3 <3 <3
    indeed the dress totally changed by just changing the place of the black ribbon - in your last wearing it was propper&freshfaced 50s - here it is dainty 30s with loads if romance. perfect for the story from lewis carroll. and your styling with the tiny shoes, hat & bag in muted colors did the rest - genius my dear!
    that mural is the jackpot - totally :-D
    awww - thank you for your sweet compliments - i can give it right back - it is such a great fun and wonderful experience to do our blogparty every month! even if i sometimes struggle to do the thing with a date in mind - it always inspires me for more outfit posts i would usually do...... thank you - love!

    tons of hugses!! some of them to the fab photographer justin! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, my dear, for showering me with your warmth and love! I value our friendship very highly! And I just simply love you! <3

      Delete
  2. Fabulous fotos, Natalia. You are really little Alice in action. Great story!
    Best regards, Sieglinde

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fantastic murals! So very very beautiful! Thanks for showing them here! I can see u were having fun :) The dress is very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooohoooooo Nataliaaaaaa you found wonderland!!!! I loooooooooooooooove you! What a wonderfull post, you look sooo cute in this stunning dress with the belt as bow. Like little Alice. I can't get enough of this wonderfull pictures. Thank you Justin ;). I am so in love in our modish matrons blogproject. It's always a great fun :)
    Lots of love, hugs and kisses Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dearest, and the feeling is mutual! Mwah! :)

      Delete
  5. What a great solotion in zhis tricky circumstances. The wall deco backs your Outfit well. LG Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super collaboration! My hat is off (really, it is) to all three of you. Wonderful creations all around. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That mural is quite something! Such a crazily wonderful backdrop for that amazing dress you are wearing. I love Alice in Wonderland, by the way! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy that you enjoyed this post, Ann! Join us!!

      Delete
  8. You guys are so creative---I have to tell you my mind can't come up with anything for this theme!! I'll have to sleep on it...
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, dear, we are open every day in JUNE!! :) Come later and join the fun!

      Delete
  9. What a brilliant backdrop for the Wonderland theme - totally inspired! Never a fan of Alice in Wonderland but I'm loving the outfit! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear! I'm surprised you don't love Alice, though - seems like your kind of wONdErfUL craziness!! :) Mwah!

      Delete
  10. I love street art and Wonderland is an amazing example! You are the embodiment of Alice with your white dress and black polka dots. Your hat and handbag are just the right accessories for a garden stroll that leads down an adventure filled rabbit hole! Thank you for sharing your fun style with Hat Attack!

    ReplyDelete