Sunday, April 1, 2018

Modish Matrons #22: No Matter the Weather


Happy Easter and welcome to Modish Matrons, 
the party where my dear friends TINA und BEATE and myself get together to celebrate style and creativity! Each month, one of us offers a theme, and April was Tina's turn. "No Matter the Weather," said Tina, leaving it wide open to interpretations. "Hmm," said I and scratched my head trying to find a focus for my outfit.



Camellia in our garden starts blooming in February, granting us its last flowers in May

I found my focus in the season itself. Spring weather can be tricky and deceptive: sun one minute, breeze and clouds the next, with such surprises as rain or even hail and snow thrown in the mix. Yet through all this madness gardens don't stop growing, and flowers don't stop blooming. The old camellia in our garden stood through the recent cold spell and snow (photos of my snowy garden and cozy blini recipe HERE), and it stays covered with blossoms head to toe, so to speak, nevertheless!




And should I be different from flowers? I think not! 
Rain or shine, I want to wear my pretty dresses, adding warm layers as needed.  




For my "No Matter the Weather" outfit I remixed my old clothes. The watercolor floral dress (first shown in JULY 2016 together with its twin polka dot dress), combined with the long orange vest (also in APRIL 2017), green tights and green velvet open toe lace-up booties (first shown in MARCH 2018). I added my stripy black and white coat for warmth and fun pattern mixing (shown in FEBRUARY 2017 and NOVEMBER 2016). And as if it wasn't enough still, I threw on an old mixed dots scarf. Ahh, much better! 



I got compliments on my outfit that day - on bringing out green with my tights, and on my green eyes. I was also told that green eyes and red hair is considered the rarest combination. Who knew! 


So at the end, I wanted to thank Tina for bringing this free and lighthearted theme to our party. 
It was a good reminder that I can always find an inspiration for style, no matter the weather!

All items are remixed from my closet
Linking with Visible Monday

* * *


24 comments:

  1. weatherproof and trés chic!!
    fabulous how you made your spring dress - such a light hearted design! - wearable for every weather the heavens throw on you! love the pattern mix!!
    your camelia must be really old - it is huge. here its still only snowdrops - they are very brave flowers - got frozen to 2 digit zeros twice and loads of snow thrown on since they pooped in february - but every time they lifted their pretty heads again - and now standing tall and big and gorgeous.......
    metaphor??? ;-D
    love you! tons of hugses! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your metaphor! Nature is amazing!
      Do you know what is my favorite flower? Pulsatilla patens - and in Siberia they are equal to snowdrops (we call them подснежники). They are very courageous flowers indeed! With sweet scent and soft fuzzy stem. They grow right around my birthday - May 19, and I consider them my flowers. My father still brings them home every year for my birthday...
      Camellia is also a surprisingly strong bush, but for a milder climate, definitely not for Siberia. This one is at least 45 years old - and may even be much older than that. It's very tall and it blooms madly each year!

      Love you too! <3

      Delete
    2. had to ask wiki for that latin name - its "kuhschelle" (which i know) - means something along "a bell for a cow" - maybe because it grows on alpine meadows in middle europa. the alpines are the last places here were "ice age" flora is at home - the clima up there is like in siberia :-)
      so now i will think of you - every time i see this pretty & brave little flowers! xxxxx

      Delete
  2. Oh Natalia you are a wonderful flower :)
    You look great in this spring dress and I love the striped coat, this brooche and your shoes... and the green tights :))
    You are ready for April weather my friend. Thank you for this wonderful matrons post ;)
    A very huge hug and much love, Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear Tina! I thought green tights look like stems of flowers on my dress. :)
      <3

      Delete
  3. Green eyes are my very favorite!!! Your's are gorgeous!! I love the striped coat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're looking fantastic, Natalia. Of course, you should wear your pretty dresses, whatever the weather. I do the same! The orange vest works a treat with the dress, and so does the unexpected addition of the green tights. You're having the most gorgeous eyes, by the way! Hugest of hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dearest Ann! Green comes from the dress itself (maybe not as visible on photos, but it's there), plus I wanted to wear green booties. :) <3

      Delete
  5. woww, so gorgeous!, love your watercolor dress and the fab color combo you created, adding olive green to match and some stripes to contrast!.
    I'm loving particularly your orange vest, a stunning piece for layering. You're inspiring me to wear vests over my dresses and enjoy all the blooming!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dearest Monica! Besos and blooms and vests and green tights!
      <3

      Delete
  6. Oh yes, wear those pretty dresses! Nature knows the "rules" of flowering and new growth, and you look gorgeous. xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay to being more natural! Thank you, dear Patti! <3

      Delete
  7. I love this spring-like outfit on you. It's so fresh and pretty and I agree with the others, you're green eyes are beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look like spring! I love your floral dress with the red vest, and I also adore the dress with the striped coat. The dotted scarf is lovely with the brooch.
    If only, if only....the sun will come out to stay !
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty in your floral dress , perfect to welcome Spring . Both the red vest and striped coat compliment the dress beautifully. Love that brooch too. The camellias are quite a sight. Enjoy the Spring days despite the fickle Spring weather. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear Jill! I enjoy every minute of it! <3

      Delete
  10. Camellias were very prevalent in Rotorua New Zealand when we lived there. i think you must have a similar climate.
    How wonderful to have flowers blooming through winter. Here our native flowers flower during winter with grevilleas and bottlebrushes lighting up with bushes. It does lighten the spirits, just like you!
    xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, my dear friend! I had to look up grevilleas and bottlebrushes - they are awesome! Here, we have some flowering bushes throughout winter, but most of blooming starts in Spring, just about now! <3

      Delete
  11. Bardzo ładna sukienka:)))wokół Ciebie pięknie i wiosennie:))lubię broszki i Twoja bardzo mi się podoba:))Pozdrawiam serdecznie:)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Renia! If you love broszki - I recommend to look up Ann's blog Polyester Princess, she has an amazing collection! <3

      Delete
  12. You look so pretty in this floral dress. Such a lovely styling. No matter the weather is a very spring appropriate theme.

    ReplyDelete